Wednesday 5 March 2014

Aled Davies logo

Today one of our lecturers put up an opportunity to design a logo for Paralympic Gold Medalist, Aled Davies MBE. With the details of that it needs to feature a bear and possibly 'F42'. Here's my response to it.

I began by drawing some bears, that had to look '
focussed, powerful and slightly aggressive bear', I mainly looked at grizzly bears hunting salmon.





 I thought that it needed to look more aggressive so I gave it a mouth.


 I then scanned in my final lineart and created a vector of it on illustrator.


I developed this with various typefaces and eventually different compositions.




I felt the Aled Davies type worked better to the side and that the 'F42', if used could be used on the arm of the bear, reflecting Aled's tattoo on his arm.
 I tried putting it within a circle but I felt that limited it a bit so I returned to the original idea.




 Final logo idea

Various colour options.

No comments:

Post a Comment