After some preliminary drawings I decided to search for some typefaces to use for the logo. I looked at a few fonts I considered technological, as this product sounds like a gadget.
We decided on the top typeface, Newton Italic, because it was close to the drawings on the layout sheet.
I then placed a key onto the letter D and filled the counter of the D with red, to indicate something that would be attached to your key, or a part of your key. The waves coming off the key indicate wireless activity, which would happen when you activate the device that locates your key.
But then we changed the colour to a lighter one for the printer.