Thursday 4 October 2012

Celebrity portraits

 I've been meaning to upload these for a while as just a conclusion to the series of celebrity portrait drawings I drew a couple of weeks ago. As you may know I recorded myself drawing 6 of these and made time lapse videos from them to upload onto my artyedwin YouTube channel. So here they are, all 7 of them. I didn't think to make videos until after drawing Zooey Deschanel so there's no video of that drawing.




From the first to last:
Zooey Deschanel - actress (New Girl, 500 days of Summer, Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy)
Richard Ayoade - comedy actor (IT Crowd, The Mighty Boosh, Garth Marenghi's darkplace)
Jemaine Clement - comedy actor and musician (Flight of the Conchords, MiB3, Dinner for Schmucks)
Karen Gillan - actress (Doctor Who)
Emma Stone - actress (Zombieland, The Amazing Spiderman)
Frank Miller - graphic novelist, comic book artist/writer
Will Eisner - graphic novelist, comic book artist/writer

I drew these for a few reasons, the main one was just to be productive in my week before moving to university, another was to practice my drawing skills of more realistic portraits and for something to put on my youtube channel as well. I feel some of them turned out good and almost recognisable as the subject, or at least I hope so.

I've been at Uni for a couple of weeks now and it's great, I should start posting more often now I'm being encouraged to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment